Motivational Minute – When Life Hands You A Bowl Of Sh*t!
I was joking with a good friend of mine, Dr. Pat Gentempo, how busy shakers and movers like ourselves often have to deal with getting handed bowls of shit on a regular basis. And sometimes it’s more like a barrel full or even a pool full! Ever have one of those days? Nothing friggin right goes your way!
We’ve all been there! Financial! Marital! Health! The list is endless! So what do you do? Suck it up? Take the blue pill and crawl back under the covers? Well my friend…here’s some insight from a tough mother whose been through hell and back…and believe me…stick to your guns, because someday soon you’ll get that bowl of cherries.
- Know Your Identity… Because others judge you, attack you, are jealous or gossip about you…stand your ground! It’s been my experience that these detractors are born with a scarcity mentality and low self esteem. They’re that 20% you’ll never please, so focus on the 80% that are listening or following you.
- Take a New Perspective…Did you eat today, sleep in your own bed, have a hot shower and not have bombs drop on your head? Then you’ve got it good. We live in the top 1% of people in the great village of the world; a life of privilege and abundance. Count your blessings and stop focusing on the small negatives!
- Maintain your state of love and gratitude. I firmly believe in a statement by Tony Robbins that says, “He who maintains his state…WINS!”. This is so true, that when met with adversity or a
negative environment…keep your cool.
- Keep Your Eye On The Prize…I know that if you want something bad enough in life, you need to go after it and don’t let the naysayers pull you away from your main objectives in life. Steve Jobs was kicked out of his own company, broke and depressed. Yet he knew what he wanted in life, became relentless and kept his eye on it. Pixar! Apple! And even inventing new technologies to realize his dreams. I think we’re all glad that he did!
- A Life of Servitude…If your life’s purpose is to help people and you’re not harming anyone…then march on. The greatest life one can live is one of servitude. If you have a gift to share to better others, then go out there and share it! A spirit centric life is one of the most gratifying you could live.
- Don’t Take Yourself Too Damn Seriously…Life was meant to be enjoyed and not one of struggle, worry or fear. I take 2 thirty minute breaks per day to walk my dog Chewy and reconnect with nature. It calms the mind, relaxes the soul and allows you to manifest that which you want in life.
- 10 Minutes To Manifest…Start your day with the power of attraction and positive affirmations to attract more of what you want in life and less of the negative and mundane. Give it a test for 14 days straight. I know you will surprise yourself.
As Always, Standing For Your Success!